LCP’s – Bang for your Buck!
2OPINIONATED’S FAVOURITE LCP’S
Olya and I love a bargain buy just as much as the next person – don’t be fooled by our blog! With this in mind we wanted to share our favorite Life Changing Purchases (LCP’s). These are the purchases that we feel we got the best “cost-per-wear ” and gave us a bang for our buck.
- Peeptoe necklace – This necklace cost me $99 from Peeptoe in Australia. I wear it several times a week and I never fail to get at least one compliment when I wear it (once, I actually got 5 in one day), I also get the same reaction from the Peeptoe necklace I am wearing in the 2OPINIONATED photo. The feel-good factor of wearing this purchase makes it my number 1 bargain buy of the year www.peeptoeshoes.com.au
- Black Zara mock leather pants – I originally bought these pants on my last trip to Luxembourg and I have since re-bought them in Australia because I couldn’t imagine what I was going to do when they finally wore out (they retail for $89.95 in Sydney). Thanks to a unseasonably cold Sydney summer I have managed to get an amazing amount of wear from them already. I also like to think they look much more expensive than they were! www.zara.com
- Marc Jacobs Wedges – I know MJ doesn’t really seem like a true bargain purchase but in this case these really are! I purchased them in July, on sale on the Saks website for $154 (Saks online discounts can be brilliant). I saw them at David Jones in Sydney only a few weeks ago still at the full price of over $800 (this is the AUS RRP) – needless to say I felt very smug! www.saks.com
- Cobalt, Blue Juice Jacket – I was finding it really hard to find a well priced, lightweight summer blazer in Sydney. This jacket is fully lined and retails for only $99. I bought this style in 3 colours but I seem to get the most compliments when I wear the cobalt blue one. Perhaps its because I wear black all the time, perhaps its because I have blue eyes- but check them out for yourself at www.hotskies.com.au
- Nude by Nature, Undercover Airbrush Mineral Primer – This was a total impulse buy at the local pharmacy. The Primer retails for only $29.95, has a lovely texture to it and I have had several people ask me what make-up I am using since I have been using it. www.nudebynature.com.au
I am a true advocate of the “cost per love” equation.
- Freeman Facial Clay Mask Avocado & Oatmeal – $3.99. US. Out of all the expensive masks that I have bought over the years to use at home this is my favorite. I use it before going out and it leaves my skin glowing, clean and minimises pores without drying out my skin. Oh and did I mention that it’s under $4, bonus! www.freemanbeauty.com
- Jane Iredale Pure Pressed Mineral Powder – $52 US. I have been using this for over 1o years now (I wore it on my wedding day). Wow, how time flies! Even though I will routinely try and purchase new powders I keep on coming back to it because nothing else seems to compare. Here is why I love it: UVA/UVB SPF 20 broad-spectrum sun protection (even though I use an SPF primer). It’s a foundation, powder, concealer and sunscreen all in one and is also very water-resistant with a high pigment count. This is really important to me, as I detest buying low pigment products and then on top of that having them slide off your face in the heat. It also seems to minimises pores and fine lines and has no oil, talc, dyes and paraben additives. The only thing I hate, and it’s actually a deterrent for me in buying more Jane Iredale products, is the packaging. The gold case is not very glamorous with a circa 80’s feel to it without the cool kitsch edge! www.janeirdale.com
- Kiehl’s Lip Balm ♯ 1– €9 euros. I love it’s texture, smell and taste and have it in coconut and mango.www.kiehls.com
- Iphone 4 – I love it! Use it everyday for work and fun. It has a great design and most importantly is that it’s simple and logical to use. I am grateful every day that I don’t need to be a tech head to operate it! It was not the cheapest phone out there but using it repays me everyday! www.apple.com
- Kindle: €159 euros. Living in a non-english speaking country and traveling all the time it can be hard to get the books I want quickly. With the kindle I can a new book in a few minutes! No waiting for deliveries and no delivery costs. www.amazon.com